The Patient must prepare as follows for the day of their exam:
- Allow 60 minutes for a full body scan... 30 minutes for a region of interest or breast scan.
- You must not have a fever at the time of your exam.
- Not that we should have to tell you this … NO SMOKING!
- No exercising or vigorous activity, including sexual activity within 3-5 hours prior to the exam.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure for five days prior to your exam and should not have a sun burn at the time of your exam.
- Do not use the sauna, steam room and/or hot shower within 3-5 hours prior to the exam.
- Avoid massage therapy, physical therapy, chiropractic care, analgesic creams or balms for 24 hours prior to your examination.
- Do not use any deodorants, creams, lotions or powders on the day prior to the exam.
- Do not shave under your arms within 24 hours prior to the exam.
- Do not eat/drink hot (temperature-wise) or spicy foods/beverages for 3-5 hours prior to exam.
- Do not drink coffee, tea, soda or other beverages containing caffeine for 3-5 hours prior to exam.
- Remove all jewelry… including glasses, watches, etc. prior to the exam.
- Hair must be worn up, off of the neck before the exam is done.
- Do not take Niacin on the day of the exam.
- Please notify us of all medications, herbs and supplements that you take within 24 hours prior to your examination.
- Please inform us if you have had any radiation treatments within the past 6 months.