Prior to having a thermography test done, you will need to prepare by following this protocol:
- Avoid attending physical therapy, getting a massage, Chiropractic or having any test using electromyography done on the same day prior to the test.
- Avoid shaving any areas of the body. (when relevant for the test)
- Wear loose clothing to the test.
- You should not exercise, do heavy lifting, do yoga or any other strenuous activity on the same day prior to the test, since this can affect your internal body temperature.
- Stay out of strong sunlight on the day of your test and up to 5 days before. Reschedule your thermography, if you have sunburn.
- Do not eat or drink anything very hot, very cold or containing caffeine, for at least 2 hours, before the test. However, you may eat normally during the day.
- NO SMOKING at least 2 hours before the test, or, better yet, STOP altogether.
- Do not use any body creams, including, lotions, make-up, deodorants, perfumes, powders, etc., on your skin, in the relevant areas, prior the test.
- Do not have a thermography test, if you have sunburn on your skin.
- Hair should be worn up, off the neck (when relevant for the test).
- Jewelry will have to come off (when relevant for the test)